Nghĩa của từ parthian bằng Tiếng Anh
[Par·thi·an || 'pɑːθjən]
language of the ancient country of Parthia
Đặt câu với từ "parthian"
1. Parthian Empire
2. Parthian armies consisted largely of cavalry.
3. In turn, Corbulo demanded the Parthian evacuation of Armenia.
4. Cupbearer, Parthian tkrpty, loanword in Armenian takarāpet (cf
5. Mithridates II was the first to be shown wearing the Parthian tiara, embroidered with pearls and jewels, a headdress commonly worn in the late Parthian period and by Sassanid monarchs.
6. Suetonius says that Caesar had planned on invading and conquering the Parthian Empire.
7. Large strata were excavated by Sir John Marshall with a quantity of Parthian-style artifacts.
8. James H. Charlesworth in 1980 proposed that Qumran was damaged in the Parthian war c.
9. Statues erected there feature the typical Parthian shirt (qamis), combined with trousers and made with fine, ornamented materials.
10. Diadumenianus, son of Macrinus, escapes to the Parthian court, but is captured at Zeugma and also put to death.
11. Azes, the name of two Indo-Scythian kings of the major dynasty ruling an empire based on the Punjab and Indus valley from about 50 BCE to CE 30.Regarded as Parthian by some scholars and Scythian by others, the dynasty is probably Scytho-Parthian, a composite people using both Śaka and Pahlava names, derived from the Scythian settlement in the Parthian province of Sīstān.
12. This system of split monarchy weakened Parthia, allowing Tigranes II of Armenia to annex Parthian territory in western Mesopotamia.
13. The Fifteenth Apollinarian Legion was still at Satala at the end of the second century and must have taken part in the Parthian campaigns of the emperor Lucius Septimius Severus (194 and 197-198), which culminated in the sack of the Parthian capital Ctesiphon.
14. After 90 BC, the Parthian power was diminished by dynastic feuds, while at the same time, Roman power in Anatolia collapsed.
15. While attempting to put down the revolts, the main Parthian force swept into the region and killed Antiochus in battle.
16. Severus advanced into Mesopotamia, occupied Nisibis and plundered the Parthian capital Ctesiphon in 199, capturing many Parthians and selling them into slavery.
17. Together with new units of light mounted archers, the cataphractarii were designed to counter Parthian (and, in Pannonia, Sarmatian) battle-tactics.
18. 13 Alexander the Great conquered Persia, but soon after Persia regained its independence in the form of the Parthian and Sassanid Empires.
19. In distinction to both Parthian and Sarmatian Cataphracts, who represented a wealthy feudal or tribal elite equipped for war, Roman Cataphracts had no social
20. To counter them, Legio V Macedonica, a veteran of the Parthian campaign, was moved from Moesia Inferior to Dacia Superior, closer to the enemy.
21. â€œAnxiâ€ was the transcription of â€œArshakâ€ , the name of the founder of the Parthian kingdom.â€ Yu (1998), p
22. Iranians deploying Cataphracts at some time in their history included the Sarmatians, Parthian dynasty, Sassanid Persians, Armenians, Pergamenes, and later Romans, Byzantines and others.
23. A new crisis was triggered in 58, when the Romans invaded Armenia after the Parthian king Vologases I forcibly installed his brother Tiridates on the throne there.
24. The Baghdad Battery or Parthian Battery is a set of three artifacts which were found together: a ceramic pot, a tube of copper, and a rod of iron.
25. Along with parchment documents found at sites like Dura-Europos, these also provide valuable information on Parthian governmental administration, covering issues such as taxation, military titles, and provincial organization.
26. In the ancient world, the term Cataphract was used by Greek and Roman sources to describe heavily armored cavalry used by Seleucid, Parthian, Sassanid, and Roman armies
27. The Sasanians saw themselves as successors of the Achaemenids, after the Hellenistic and Parthian interlude, and believed that it was their destiny to restore the greatness of Persia.
28. Baluchi (Balōčī), the language of the Baluch (Balōč), is a member of the Western Iranian group of languages, bearing affinities to both main representatives of Western Middle Iranian: Middle Persian and Parthian
29. Heavily armoured Cataphract cavalry, usually armed with a long lance (), were adopted by the Roman army to counter Parthian troops of this kind on the eastern frontier and similar Sarmatian cavalry in on the Danubian frontier
30. The former offers a scope for recreational activities as well as being a source for minerals, whereas the latter encompasses some ancient cities of Iran as one of the capitals of the Parthian empire was located there.
31. Ashurbanipal Hunting Lions The palace decoration of Ashurbanipal Assyria vs Elam: The battle of Til Tuba Persian Browse this content Ancient Persia, an introduction The Cyrus Cylinder and Ancient Persia Capital of a column from the audience hall of the palace of Darius I, Susa Persepolis: The Audience Hall of Darius and Xerxes Parthian